STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Leek Health Centre is a General Practice Partnership open to all patients living within our Practice boundary in Leek and the surrounding areas. We work in partnership with our patients and other healthcare colleagues to provide medical care for our patients.
We are a General Medical Services (GMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our GPs assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our GPs act as a patient’s advocate, supporting and representing a patient’s best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our GPs also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and they link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. They also collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
Our GPs are also involved in the education and training of doctors, practice staff and other healthcare professionals.
Our Mission Statement
To improve the health, well-being and lives of those we care for.
To work in partnership with our patients and staff to provide the best Primary Care services possible working within local and national governance, guidance and regulations.
Our Aims and Objectives
• To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice services to our patients
• To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
• To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
• To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
• To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member or our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
• To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
• To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Participation Group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and giving feeding on the services that we offer
• To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently
• To take care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse
• Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
• To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
• To operate on a financially sound basis.
Reception & Surgery Times
- Monday 08:00 – 13:00, 13:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 13:00, 13:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 13:00, 13:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 13:00, 13:00 – 18:00
- Friday 08:00 – 13:00, 13:00 – 18:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed
The Health Centre core opening times are: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm.
- Monday 18:00 – 20:00
- Saturday 09:00-13:00 (Every 3rd Saturday on rotation with other local practices)
Enhanced access is provided by Leek & Biddulph Primary Care network and is based on rotation at all practices. Receptionists can book you an appointment in the Enhanced Access hours. There are face-to-face and telephone consultations available.
Leek Health Centre had a visit from the Care Quality Commissioners on Tuesday 26th July 2016. The practice received a ‘Good’ rating in all areas (Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive, Well Led) with no recommendations. To view the report please click on the link below.
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Leek Health Centre in the last financial year was £66,432 before Tax and National Insurance. This is for 2 full time GPs, 2 part time GPs and 0 locum GP’s who worked in the practice for more than six months